1. Herring Cove Put in: Located at the Beach and a quick walk down to the water.
2. Herring Cove alternate Put in: Located off the Glensevern Rd (Across from the Rosevelt Cottage International site). This put in gives easy access to the southern side of the beach, the rocks at Dinner Cove and Dinner Cove itself.
3. Lower Duck Pond Cove Put in: This Put in gives access to the beach at Lower Duck pond as well as the rocks around Liberty Point.
4. Narrows Road/Mullholland Light Put in: This Put in gives access to the Lubec Narrows tidal current area. It is a short set of stairs south of the lighthouse down to the water.
5. Swimming Pool Road Put in: This put in gives access to the sheltered waters of Harbour de Lute.
6. North Road Wharf Put in: This put in gives access to the Northern section of Harbour De Lute.
7. Mill Cove Put in: This put in gives access to the relatively sheltered waters of Mill cove as well as a put in for the outer Islands and Head Harbour Light.
8. 283 Bunkerhill Road Put in: This put in is located on private property and will be the primary put in for the Ladies Only Kayak Skills Session (weather dependent).
9. Lake Glensevern Put In: This put in is a short walk from the Herring Cove (1.) put in. This lake provides warmer sheltered water ideal for intro skills.
10. Jacksons Wharf/Wilsons Beach put in: This put in provides access to the West Isles as well as Head Harbour Light.
Below is an interactive map of the Island and the locations we have selected to use as clinic kayak put in/launch locations. Final locations will be selected on each day based on environmental factors and coaching input. Push pins show the most likely clinic areas based on normal conditions. Our evening discussion sessions with Luke and Bruce will be split between the Campground Cookhouse and the Welshpool Landing Location.
There are several accommodation and restaurant/takeout locations available on the island and in the Lubec area. Campobello also has a small supermarket and Guardian Pharmacy located just west of Herring Cove road on Route 774.
Put In Locations
Welshpool Landing Hall - Locations for registration, morning briefings and the Saturday night discussion with Luke A.K.A. "The kayak Hipster"
Herring Cove Campground Cook Shack - Location for Instructors morning and evening grub as well as Saturday evenings discussion with Bruce, owner of Seascape Kayak Tours.
Herring Cove Campground Main Gate.
Clinic Put In/Launch Locations - Each Clinic put in location will be announced at the morning briefings at Welshpool Landing Hall based on environmental conditions.
Clinic on Water Locations - Each location will be announced during the Morning Breifing at the Welshpool Landing Hall based on environmental conditions.